Account Manager / Senior Account Manager
Burnham Benefits Insurance Services
Collaborative, Progressive, Team-Oriented and Nimble are just a few of the words our team uses to describe Burnham Benefits Insurance Services. Our team is results-oriented and we strive to build on our employees strengths creating an unparalleled culture. At Burnham we don’t simply talk about work life harmony, we live it. From our dynamic employee and family fun events, Burnham Way charitable giving program, and numerous employee-led committees, we provide our team with opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Our bright and modern workspace cultivates creativity and our commitments to social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability have earned us a B Corp designation as well as year-over-year national and regional Best Places to Work recognitions. With year-over-year growth of at least 20%, we are looking to add people to our team who strive for excellence and have fun while doing it.
Scope of the Position
Burnham is seeking an Account Manager to provide accountability for the overall Client Management process and contribute to making Burnham the best in the business.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
Proactive Account Management
- Develop effective relationships with assigned clients with a focus on the day-to-day employee benefits and/or human resources department. This may include in-person visits with travel required, entertainment opportunities, telephone and electronic communications.
- Develop a strong understanding of health and welfare benefit products, services, technical tools, and vendor/carrier markets. This includes Burnham Benefits tools and resources as well as developing relationships with vendors/carriers to understand and compare available products and services.
- Work with client and team leader to develop annual timeline based on agreed upon goals, objectives, and services to be provided.
- Act as a primary contact for all day-to-day service issues and other inquiries for all assigned clients; act as liaison between client and vendors/carriers to resolve issues and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Track, manage, and document open issues keeping the client and team leader informed on status and ultimate resolution.
- Anticipate, coordinate and participate in client meetings and presentations as directed by team leader. Ensure accurate notes are taken and maintained for follow-up and maintenance of comprehensive client history documentation.
- Participate and contribute to Burnham meetings, training sessions, and committees.
- Maintain professional ethics according to insurance industry standards.
Client Renewal and Marketing Project Management
- Assist the Team Leader and/or Account Executive with development of renewal and marketing strategy.
- Coordinate marketing projects by gathering required employee and plan documentation such as census data, experience data, current and proposed plan design information.
- Coordinate and guide development of employee communication strategy and preparation of communication materials.
- Prepare, coordinate, and lead employee meetings as necessary in a professional manner – including all lines of coverage and services provided. Coordinate with client in scheduling employee meetings to ensure participation for insurance carriers or other vendors as needed.
- Update and maintain Burnham CRM client database and all client folders.
- Review client contracts and policies for accuracy.
- Create and deliver all client deliverables (example: Client Profile), and facilitate client compliance obligations (examples: 5500, annual notices).
- Support Producers as needed with new business presentations and identification of additional business opportunities within current book of business.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- BA/BS degree preferred, high school diploma required
- 1-5 years related work experience
- Must possess valid insurance licenses
- Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and foster teamwork
- Possesses drive, empathy, energy and integrity with the ability to influence others
- Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
We invite you to explore the exciting opportunities available to both you and your career with Burnham.
Burnham Benefits' footprint currently spans seven offices in California - Orange County, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Sacramento and San Diego.
Burnham Benefits is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Back to Careers